Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy birthday Jesus

I love Christmas....mostly for all the family time. We had a wonderful Christmas day in Kalamazoo at my parent's house with the extended Cochran side. 10 kids under 3....whoa! It was so fun to catch up, eat a ton, and just relax. We even got a picture of all 10 kids on the couch together..very impressive. (I'll post a pic later--it's 230am and I am up at work.)
Our two beautiful blessings were ready for Christmas. Lucy was really excited about Santa this year. She left him cookies and milk, and seemed mesmorized that it was gone this morning when she got up. She loved the kitchen that he brought for her. Her favorite is stirring things, putting things in her microwave, and this morning she was serving a lot of coffee. She is also really into calling people "hun, honey, and sweetie"...."it's OK hun"--she tells Kadence. She loves playing with her cousins, and finally getting to see Uncle Ryan. She even got some quality snuggle time with Ryan towards the end of the night.
Kady would have been excited for Christmas, I'm sure--It was her first one, but today was the day she decided to get her first tooth. Thank you for that Santa. I don't think that was what mommy and daddy wanted when they didn't know what to get her for Christmas. It was definately not pleasant...I felt so bad for her. She obviously was in pain...and there wasn't much that seemed to help. It's new for us too because we never were able to tell when Lucy was teething, it didn't seem to phase her. So lots of extra snuggly love to Kady this Christmas.
We didn't send out many cards....long story....but we were thinking of you all and hope that you all are able to enjoy time as families and friends and give thanks for the true blessings that Jesus has given us!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

so cute...i especially like the hun, sweetie and honey from Lucy.